Energy is complex. We work with you to make sure you understand how you use energy and how this is charged by breaking down the various components of the bill. We can then work with you to find sustained savings. Our approach to providing advice on energy generally follows these steps:
- Understand how you use energy: how much you use, when you use it and what you do with it. This means we can find opportunities to use less, to use it more efficiently and to save money as a result.
- Identify if onsite solar is viable for your organisation and assets, and if so, determine the optimal system size.
- Evaluate if battery storage will improve the business case for onsite PV.
- Next, we look at the energy supply market to find the best long-term deal, ideally a renewable power purchase agreement that matches your load to the best mix of renewable generation. This will save money in the long-term, reduce procurement risk, price volatility and carbon emissions.
- We build a customer business case to support the decision-making, taking your energy data and current real-world cost data to evaluate costs, payback, NPV and IRR of energy investment decisions, both CAPEX and OPEX.
- We can then manage or support the procurement process, through tender preparation, tender evaluation, recommendations, contract negotiations.
- Post procurement and implementation, technical inspections where relevant, performance monitoring and evaluation.
Integrated local energy infrastructure
Presync works in the emerging field of local, renewable and innovative energy and water systems with active infill and greenfield projects. Our work includes modelling the energy needs of a development under various consumption scenarios; from a base case of business-as-usual poor design and construction, good design and construction and then best practice coupled with the application of innovative infrastructure and operating systems. We also prepare the business case to help the project proponent determine the internal rate of return and payback period for the investment. Energy, carbon and water savings can also be projected, based on the modelling.